STUDY THE BIBLE
- Complete the Worship Leader Bible Study.
- Memorize the scriptures on worship that Courtney assigns you and recite them for her.
LEARN FROM OTHERS
- Read Chapters 1-3 of Story Shaped Worship by Robbie F. Castleman (75 pages)
- Watch “Leading Worship” and “Worship Band Workshop” DVD’s by Paul Baloche
- Interview Mack. Find out what his nonnegotiable are for leading worship. Submitting to your spiritual authority is the most important thing for a worship leader.
- Interview 3 of your favorite worship leaders. Use questions Courtney assigns you. Feel free to add questions. Can be done via e-mail if you already have a relationship with the leader.
- Make a ministerial resume for yourself. Send it to your coach for input.
- Write out your personal definition of worship with supporting scriptures.
PASS IT ON
- Put together a Theology Check team within XA. Commit to only leading songs that all lyrics have been backed up biblically.
- Plan a worship set based on what you have learned in this module, and ask the other worship leaders to analyze the set. Use the Worship Leader Analysis Sheet.
- Ask your coach what his/her theology of worship is. Discuss how you two will best work together.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about leading worship.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Complete “Worship – A Personal Bible Study”
- Complete “Worship – Survey the Songs of the Bible” (VERY LONG)
- Read “Worship Under the Word” by D. A. Carson (53 pages)
- Read “Worship and the Glory of God” by Ron Man (13 pages)
- Read “Worship Music or Music Worship?” by Bob Kauflin (4 pages)
- Read “Musings on the Worship Wars” by Scott Sauls (6 pages)
- Read “Harp and Bowl Model” (9 pages)
- Read “Evangelistic Worship” by Tim Keller (10)
- Read “Developing Worship for the Pre-Christian in a Post-Modern World” by Ben Pasley (5 pages)
- Read “Engaging Worship on Campus” by Curt Harlow (5 pages)
- Read “An Open Letter to Worship Songwriters” by Brian McLaren (5 pages)
- Read “Dear Worship Pastor: It’s Not About You” by Tim Dalrymple (2 pages)
- Read Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin
- Read Following the River: A Vision for Corporate Worship by Bob Sorge
- Read Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts by Harold M. Best
- Read Clear the Stage: Making Room for God by Scott Wilson and John Bate