Create Worship Environments: For Worship Leaders
STUDY THE BIBLE
LEARN FROM OTHERS
- Read Chapters 1-3 of Story Shaped Worship by Robbie F. Castleman (75 pages)
- Watch “Leading Worship” and “Worship Band Workshop” DVD’s by Paul Baloche
- Interview Mack. Find out what his non-negotiable are for leading worship. Submitting to your spiritual authority is the most important thing for a worship leader.
- Interview 3 of your favorite worship leaders. Use the Worship Leader Interview Sheet. Feel free to add questions. It can be done via e-mail if you already have a relationship with the leader.
- Make a ministerial resume for yourself. Send it to your coach for input.
- Write out your personal definition of worship with supporting scriptures.
PASS IT ON
- Put together a Theology Check team within XA. Commit to only leading songs that all lyrics have been backed up biblically.
- Plan a worship set based on what you have learned in this module, and ask the other worship leaders to analyze the set. Use the Worship Leader Analysis Sheet.
- Ask your coach what his/her theology of worship is. Discuss how you two will best work together.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about leading worship.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)