STUDY THE BIBLE
- Correction: Paraphrase Matthew 18:15-17 and Matthew 7:1-5.
- Conflict: Paraphrase Matthew 5:38-42 and Luke 6:27-36.
LEARN FROM OTHERS
- Read Beyond Forgiveness: The Healing Touch of Church Discipline by Don Baker.
- Read The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict by The Arbinger Institute.
- Listen to “Giving Effective Feedback – Part 1, Giving Effective Feedback – Part 2, Giving Effective Feedback – Part 3, and Giving Effective Feedback – Part 4.”
- Memorize Galatians 6:1 and be prepared to recite it your coach.
- Interview your pastor. Ask your pastor how he/she gives correction and manages conflict in the church, amongst staff, and with other pastors. (this can be done in a group if multiple CMITs are doing this study)
- Talk to your coach about the difference between care-fronting and giving feedback.
- Give positive feedback to one of your disciples using the feedback model.
- Give negative feedback to one of your disciples using the feedback model.
PASS IT ON
- Talk to a student about the scriptures you paraphrased for correction.
- Talk to a student about the scriptures you paraphrased for conflict management.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about correction and conflict management.