STUDY THE BIBLE
- Read A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards. This short book examines the relationships David had with Saul and Absalom and how David learned to lead well in the midst of challenging circumstances.
- Read “A Message To Garcia”, by Elbert Hubbard. (3 pages) This classic essay is not written from a Christian perspective, but is helpful nonetheless.
- Read “Letter From A Birmingham Jail” by Martin Luther King, Jr. (9 pages)
- Read “10 Principles of Authority”, by Belkis Lehmann (5 pages)
- Memorize Hebrews 13:17 and be prepared to recite it your coach.
- For a week, pray daily for the members of your ministry team, for your pastor, for your Area Director, and for the National Staff.
- Ask your coach who the Assemblies of God presbyter in your section is. Arrange for a meeting. Introduce yourself and ask them to explain how the Assemblies of God works to you.
PASS IT ON
- Do one of the Bible studies with a student.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about authority, servanthood and teamwork.