STUDY THE BIBLE
- Complete the “Being Filled With the Spirit” Bible study
- Meditate on the “Water, Wind, and Fire” study
READ STUFF: CESSATIONIST
- Read, “What About Prophecy And Tongues Today?” By Richard Gaffin (5 pages)
- Read, “Modern Spiritual Gifts As Analogous To Apostolic Gifts” by Vern Poythress (31 pages)
READ STUFF: PENTECOSTAL
- Read “The Age of the Apostles From Biblical, Extra-biblical, Theological, and Logical Perspectives” by Wave Nunnally (9 pages)
- Read “Power” by W. A. Caldwell (9 pages)
- Read “Subsequence” by Jesse Phillips (32 pages)
- Read “Apostolic Ministry and the US Assemblies of God” by Paul Grabill (18 pages)
- Read “The Biblical Role of the Evangelist” by Combs (26 pages)
- Read “The New Testament Evangelist and the 21st Century Church” by James Davis (5 pages).
- Read “The Sins of Generational Curse” by Wave Nunnally (10 pages)
- Read “Binding and Loosing” by Wave Nunnally (8 pages)
- Pray for a student to be filled with the Spirit.
PASS IT ON
- Talk with a student who is on the overly charismatic side of things about the theology of the Holy Spirit.
- Talk with a student who is very skeptical of Pentecostalism about the theology of the Holy Spirit.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about building a Pentecostal campus ministry.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Surprised by the Power of the Spirit by Jack S. Deere
- Read The Beginner’s Guide to Spiritual Gifts by Sam Storms
- Read Practicing the Power: Welcoming the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in Your Life by Sam Storms and Matt Chandler
- Subscribe to the You Got the Holy Spirit: Now What? weekly series by Dick Schroeder