STUDY THE BIBLE
- Do this weekly devotional with your spouse: One Devotional : 52 Weekly Marriage-Building Devotions for Thriving Couples by Jimmy Evans
LEARN FROM OTHERS
- Read His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley, Jr
- Read Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
- Parents (Parents Only)
- Read God, the rod, and your child’s bod: The art of loving correction for Christian parents by Larry Tomczak (This books was written in the 1980s so many of the references are dated but the principles are timeless.)
- Memorize Ephesians 5:33. Recite it for your coach.
- Schedule a weekly date night with your spouse.
- (Parents Only) Schedule a weekly family night.
PASS IT ON
- Invite a (serious) Chi Alpha couple out on a double date and talk to them about healthy romantic relationships.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about marriage and family in ministry.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Marriage On The Rock: God’s Design For Your Dream Marriage by Jimmy Evans
- Read The Good News About Marriage: Debunking Discouraging Myths about Marriage and Divorce by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Read On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep by Robert Bucknam M.D. and Gary Ezzo M.D.
- Read Growing Kids God’s Way: Reaching the Heart of Your Child with a God-Centered Purpose by Gary Ezzo and Anne Marie Ezzo
- Read Help! I’m Raising My Kids While Doing Ministry by Josh Mayo