STUDY THE BIBLE
- Complete the “Jesus at Prayer” Bible study.
- Read “Keep the Fast, Keep the Feast” by Peter Leithart
- Read “A Week of Praying With the Apostles” by Glen Davis (3 pages)
- Read “Lessons from the School of Prayer” by D. A. Carson (14 pages)
- Read “Following His Model” by Whitney (5 pages).
- Read “Praying the Psalms at Redeemer” (2 pages)
- Read “Prayer and the Gospel” by Tim Keller (4 pages)
- Read “Extraordinary Prayer” by Tim Keller (2 pages)
- Read “The Game With Minutes” by Frank Laubach (5 pages)
- Read “How To Spend A Day in Prayer” by Lorne Sanny (10 pages)
- Read “Praying the Psalms – A Commentary on the Breviary” by Pius Parsch (4 pages)
- Read 1 Psalm a day for the next 150 days.
- Using the models you read about above pray through a Psalm.
- Download the Operation World app and spend a week praying for a specific nation.
- Ask a stranger if you can pray for them.
- Take an 8 hour prayer retreat.
PASS IT ON
- Teach someone something you learned from one of the readings and teach them how to build it into their own prayer life.
- Invite a student to pray for a nation with you.
- After completing all of these tasks, have a final conversation with your coach about prayer.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Armchair Mystic by Father Mark E. Thibodeaux
- Read Prayer by Richard Foster
- Read The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- Read Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge
- Read How to take a Personal Retreat with God by Sally M. Herman