One on One
- Set up weekly meetings with at least 4 students.
- Teach each of these students the Core Requirements.
- Once you’ve taught each student all of the Core Requirements take them through one teaching from each of these resources.
- The Purple Book
- 52 Leadership Ideas for Students
- Tools for Mentoring
- One of the Topical Resources from the XA Ole Miss Website
- Recruit and lead a weekly Core Group for the academic year.
- Complete the Small Group Quarterly Planner and show it to your coach.
- Recruit a student to lead a small group. Teach them how and nominate them for leadership.
- Read “Preaching to Ordinary People” by Lew Smedes (4 pages)
- Read “Preaching to the Secular Mind” by Tim Keller (9 pages)
- Listen to Preaching to Believers and Unbelievers by Tim Keller
- Complete a series of preaching labs.
- Preach a sermon at the weekly service.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
One on one
“Faith Coaching: A Conversational Approach to Helping Others Move Forward in Faith” by
“The Master Plan of Evangelism” by
“Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be: Lessons On Leadership from the Bible” by
“Insourcing: Bringing Discipleship Back to the Local Church” by Randy Pope, Chip Ingram
“Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages” by Haddon W. Robinson