STUDY THE BIBLE
- Complete ONE of the “Images of Leadership” studies by Rich Lamb. It’s very big (112 pages) so don’t do it all. Answers for each chapter are in the back of that chapter.
- Read “Pastoral Leadership: A Layman’s Perspective” by Bruce Eberle (14 pages)
- Read “Act on Facts, Not Faith: How management can follow medicine’s lead and rely on evidence, not on half-truths” by Jeffrey Pfeffer & Robert I. Sutton (9 pages)
- Read “What Great Managers Do” by Marcus Buckingham (10 pages).
- Read “What Leaders Really Do” by John Kotter (6 pages)
- Read “What Makes A Leader” by Daniel Goleman (10 pages)
- Read “Managing Oneself” by Peter Drucker (9 pages)
- Create a one-hour training session for student leaders. You can cover anything from the readings or the Bible study.
- Complete the “Leadership Reflection Exercise.”
PASS IT ON
- Complete one of the Bible studies from Rich Lamb’s study with a student.
- Do a brief (5-10 minute) devotional with the student leadership team or the staff team.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about Christian leadership.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Read ANYTHING written by Patrick M. Lencioni (all of his books are great and easy to read)
- Listen to the Manager Tools BASICS Podcasts
- Read How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Read The New One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard, Johnson, Spencer, M.D.
- Read The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Read The Situational Leader by
- Read Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be: Lessons On Leadership from the Bible by LeRoy Eims (This is the source of most of the FAT camp teachings and the 6, 8, 10 Principle)