STUDY THE BIBLE
- Create a one-hour training session for student leaders. You can cover anything from the readings or the Bible study.
PASS IT ON
- Do a brief (5-10 minute) devotional with the student leadership team or the staff team.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about racial unity.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Blacks and Whites in Christian America: How Racial Discrimination Shapes Religious Convictions. By Jason E. Shelton and Michael O. Emerson
- Read Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America by Michael O. Emerson & Christian Smith
- Belkis Lehmann’s Resources
- Read “Lessons from the Listening Sessions” The Listening Sessions were a project done by Peoples Church to hear the needs of the major cultural groups of people in the church. (36 Pages)
- Michael O. Emerson’s Resources
- Read BLACKS IN THE BIBLE: Volume I: The Original Roots of Men and Women of Color in Scripture by James H. Jr. Warden
- Read BLACKS IN THE BIBLE: Black Men and Women in Scripture Volume II by James H. Jr. Warden