STUDY THE BIBLE
- Complete the “Facing Racism” study. It’s (16 pages).
- Read “Ethnic Reconciliation” by Craig Keener (19 pages)
- Read “Living With Unjust Legacies: Race, Justice, and Privilege” by Fuller Studio (13 pages)
- Read “The Diversity Rubric: Driving Diversity” by Belkis Lehmann (3 pages).
- Read “A New Day for Multiracial Congregations” by Michael O. Emerson (3 pages)
- Read “How Churches Are Slowly Becoming Less Segregated” by Laura Meckler (8 pages)
- Read “Becoming Revelation 7:9” by Oneya Fennell Okuwobi (23 pages)
- Create a one-hour training session for student leaders. You can cover anything from the readings or the Bible study.
PASS IT ON
- Do a brief (5-10 minute) devotional with the student leadership team or the staff team.
- After completing all the tasks in this module, talk with your coach about racial unity.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read Blacks and Whites in Christian America: How Racial Discrimination Shapes Religious Convictions. By Jason E. Shelton and Michael O. Emerson
- Read Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America by Michael O. Emerson & Christian Smith
- Belkis Lehmann’s Resources
- Read “Lessons from the Listening Sessions” The Listening Sessions were a project done by Peoples Church to hear the needs of the major cultural groups of people in the church. (36 Pages)
- Michael O. Emerson’s Resources
- Read BLACKS IN THE BIBLE: Volume I: The Original Roots of Men and Women of Color in Scripture by
- Read BLACKS IN THE BIBLE: Black Men and Women in Scripture Volume II by