An important aspect of life and campus ministry is using your resources wisely. You will track how well you are using each of these resources weekly or monthly and give a report to be reviewed by your CMIT mentor during your one-on-one.
You will be expected to keep a monthly budget and keep track of your monthly income and expenses including keeping all receipts in some form of an accounting system. This should be reviewed monthly with your staff mentor.
We will exercise together as a staff. In addition to exercising as a staff, you will be expected to exercise for an additional hour each week throughout the internship. We will also sign up for a 5k together.
- Make a Weekly Schedule and give to your coach at the beginning of each semester
- Read “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” by David Allen and James Fallows (Christmas Reading Assignment)
- On this Ministry Time Chart, keep track of (1) how many hours you spent this week in prayer and scripture. (2) How many hours you spent this week studying for various modules of the internship. (3) How many hours you spent this week with students at services, in one-on-ones, at events etc. (4) How many hours you spent this week in ministry to your supporters.
FURTHER STUDY (not required)
- Read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Read The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Read The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by